Friday, March 24, 2006

Firefly

I feel like I'm catching up with the rest of sf fandom now, having had the chance to catch the first couple of episodes of Firefly last night.

And I think it might turn out to be as good as everyone keeps saying it is.

I have to admit I was surprised just how much Western had been crammed in. So far I'd say it's more a Western-with-spaceships than a sci-fi-with-cowboys. But what cool spaceships!

There was plenty of that Whedon humour that made Buffy so good too.

Oh, and there's a sort of a priest, so hey, I might find an excuse to comment on it again.

I think it's safe to say I'm hooked, and I'm preparing myself for the abject disappointment when I get to the end and realise there's no more.

Except Serenity, which I also haven't seen.

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

Oh, the hours of good viewing that you have ahead of you. I assume that you'll wait to watch Serenity until finishing Firefly and, if a choice is there, that is the way to do it.

UKSteve said...

Yep, that would be the plan :)

Stuart said...

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you!"

Firefly is a great series. Actually liked the episodes a bit more than Serenity, but it is still good. :)

One of the things I liked about it was that the ship was a continuous set for each level, really let them make it feel real.

Enjoy!