Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Tunes: Eowyn

Big hat-tip this week to Paeter Frandsen, a Christian sci-fi and fantasy geek whose blogs and podcast you really should check out if you don't already.

Anyway, the other day he pointed his blog toward some new music he was searching for, and found, well, a Christian rock chick, for want of a better description. Now, Paeter is musical, and says she's good. I'm not even slightly musical, but I know what I like, and I like loud guitars with a girly vocal, so we're all happy. :-)

I'm getting kind of an Evanescence vibe from Silent Screams, but with a much more overtly Christian lyric (and you know I like my Christian media to be overt!). I'm especially liking To My Surprise right now, for pretty much that reason.

I don't think I need say any more, as Eowyn has a perfectly serviceable website and myspace page where you can sample her wares for yourselves. Which you should do now. She's also on Spotify, which is a bonus for me until I can get my hands on some CDs, which I'm sure to be doing soon.

Sci-fi song of the week? Well, stretch a point and pick anything by Eowyn, since she was, apparently, named after a dwarf from Lord of the Rings or something. I don't know, it's fantasy, means nothing to me.

No comments: