Friday, October 03, 2008

NaNoWriMo

It's October, and that can only mean two things:

1. Her Babyship will turn 3 any minute now (Eeek!)
2. NaNoWriMo is almost upon us... (eeeeek!)

Her Babyship has been (fairly or otherwise) blamed for my previous NaNo expeditions getting derailed, but nonetheless I am contemplating entering the fray again this year...

The main reason for this is that the often mentioned, never described Project Seven has been slowly developing in my mind over the last 12 months, and with the exception of an extra character I want to include but haven't quite worked out how, is all done bar the writing.

This is the story I really want to write at the moment, but the flipside of that is that I'm not sure rushing out a 50k first draft is what I want for it.

I've been looking at my various unstarted ideas and works-in-progress for something I care slightly less about to get me in the novel-writing flow again instead, and the main thing that jumps out at me as having sufficient prep to see out the month is the sequel to Countless as the Stars, which I told myself I wouldn't write until Countless had built up the cult following to make it worthwhile.

The third option remains the comic fantasy route, which appeals because I won't feel obliged to make any sense, and it will be fun enough for me to want to keep going. Pretty persuasive arguments actually, now I come to write them down.

Anyway, which of my writerly buds out there are facing the challenge next month?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't written and haven't read much in over a year. Sucks, huh? If I get any whiff of a bit of writing mojo, I'll reconsider. (I just got a case of the burnouts really bad.)

But if I get a vote, I vote you go the comic route. Really. Do it. :)