The rules are simple:
- Choose a singer/band/group
- Answer the questions using ONLY titles of songs by that singer/band/group
- Are you male or female? Hymn
- Describe yourself: A Smart Kid; Prodigal
- What do people feel when they’re around you? Normal
- How would you describe your previous relationship? Futile; Shesmovedon
- Describe your current relationship: This Is No Rehearsal
- Where would you want to be now? The Nostalgia Factory
- How do you feel about love? The Start of Something Beautiful
- What’s your life like? Stranger by the Minute
- What would you ask for if you had only one wish? Towel
- Say something wise: The Creator Has a Mastertape
- What do you want to do/be in the future? Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
- Describe your home life: The Sound of No-one Listening
- What would your last words be? Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth Before it is Recycled
- Describe your car: Rainy Taxi
- Describe your style: Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape
That was a reasonably entertaining waste of a few minutes, and also good practice if I do opt for the comic NaNo; one of my semi-formed characters talks entirely in song titles (or possibly lyrics, I'm not entirely clear how it works yet...). I wanted to call her Julie Finkle, but annoyingly the song is called The Ballad of Julie Finkle. Still, there must be plenty of alternatives.
Traditionally I'm supposed to tag people at this point, but I'm not sure who visits any more, so I'll just leave an open invitation to anyone who passes by. If you try it, pop back and let me know, ok?
Sci-fi Song of the Week
Might as well stick with the Porcupines, eh? I couldn't find my first choice, Jupiter Island, so instead added to the mixtape this week is Last Chance to Evacuate Planet Earth Before It Is Recycled. Which, like a lot of Porcupine Tree songs, wouldn't sound too out of place in a comic fantasy plot...