Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NaNoWriMo is nearly here...

And I'm starting, slightly, to panic. I haven't done half the things I needed to do before November 1st, the outline for the story keeps changing, and something else is bound to go wrong because these things always sound better in threes.

So, NaNo'10 is going to be the much anticipated first (complete) draft of Project Seven. It had a working title, but I think the story may be going off on a different tangent before I start, so even that may change. In fact, if I can think of what Project Seven actually is, maybe I'll even call it that.

I do have a protagonist: Benedict Brown is about to turn 40, and over the course of 50,000 words, looks back at the complete pig's ear he has made of his life. I know, sounds like a pretty uninspiring mid-life crisis story so far, but what he has done with his life is a story that needs to be told. There will be a catalyst for this introspection other than the impending anniversary, and this may or may not be an interesting plot point.

There are other characters with related stories, but I will concentrate on Ben for this NaNo; the others may appear briefly, or they may be written in afterwards. They may even have entirely different stories, say for NaNos '11 and '12.

Wow, I still have a lot to do. Still, as the saying goes.... No plot? No problem!

No comments: