10. Amy Winehouse - Round Midnight
I could quite happily live without the Winehouse, but I was stretching for ten as it was...
9. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
A wedding disco staple for over 25 years.... but you could have any of their other songs. If you know any.
8. Abba - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
You've probably heard of Abba. There was a film about them, or something...
7. Billy Joel - River of Dreams
That's the one that goes 'In the middle of the night / I go walking in my sleep...' I told you I was stretching...
6. Marc Bolan & T-Rex - Midnight
Hooray! A welcome return to Tuesday Tunes for Marc and the boys!
5. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Midnight
Off the By The Way album. I liked them around that period.
4. Linkin park – Minutes to Midnight
While we're in the alt-rock ball park (or should that be skate park? I don't know, I'm not even going to pretend to be down with the kids...)
3. Brand New Heavies - Midnight at the Oasis
A song about an all-night party at a leisure centre in Swindon. True.
2. The Psychedelic Furs – Midnight to Midnight
Who doesn't love a bit of post-punk Brit rock, eh? On the subject of which:
1. The Jam - Down in the Tube Station at Midnight
I've been in a tube station at midnight. It's only marginally less scary than a Swindon leisure centre.
This week's Top Ten was brought to you by Cyndere's Midnight by Jeffrey Overstreet. To find out more about the book, follow the CSFF Blog Tour, participants listed on yesterday's post.
Post a Comment